Since 1976, the North King Animal Clinic has been caring for the pets of the Hampshire County area of Massachusetts. Dr. Nancy Lewis Owen and her staff offer expert and professional veterinary services.
At North King Animal Clinic, your pet's health care needs will be addressed with a full range of preventive, diagnostic, medical, surgical, and therapeutic services. Advanced hospitalization and medical boarding are also available when needed.
Our philosophy of practice is to provide our patients and clients with the very highest principles and standards of general modern medicine, surgery, dentistry, and hospitalization. We do this in a compassionate, family-like environment with personal attention to our clients' and their companions' emotional needs. Additionally we encompass openness and shared input between our patients' owners and our staff.
Why choose North King Animal Clinic for your pet’s needs?
- We are very proud inductees of the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA). Having undergone intense evaluation for more then 900 parameters, we are accredited as being in the top 12% of veterinary hospitals in the country. We are routinely evaluated by an outside consultant to ensure we provide you and your pet with the very top care.
- Dr. Owen, practice owner and veterinarian, has the experience of practicing small animal medicine for over 30 years!!
- The utmost skilled, dedicated, and compassionate nursing staff is diligently caring for your pet. Our staff includes certified veterinary technicians (CVT). Each individual has undergone specific training in veterinary medicine and animal science in the form of associate (AS), bachelor (BS), or master degrees (MS). All of our staff regularly undergoes continuing education both in clinic and around the country to stay abreast of cutting edge patient care.
- Our cutting edge in-house laboratory services, diagnostic aids, superior patient monitoring systems, and therapeutics are second to only the region’s largest specialty and referral hospitals! Most of our equipment is less than 3 years old. Our in house laboratory provides complete blood count, chemistry, electrolyte, blood gas, and blood clotting analysis in an accurate and timely fashion. Our patients are routinely monitored under the highest of standards including pulse oximetry, electrocardiogram, blood pressure, capnography, and temperature. Additionally we are one of just handful of practices in the state who have a cardiac defibrillator on site.
- Most importantly…. Beyond providing your pet with superior medical care, our staff love animals, love the pets they treat, and love what they do!